Comprehensive Perl Archive Network
The Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) is an archive of over 25,000 distributions of software written in Perl, as well as documentation for it. It is searchable (http://search.cpan.org/) and mirrored in over 270 locations around the world.
CPAN can denote either the archive network itself, or the Perl program that acts as an interface to the network and as an automated software installer (somewhat like a package manager). Most software on CPAN is free and open source.
Useful CPAN related sites
- http://search.cpan.org/ - search CPAN modules, distributions and authors
- https://metacpan.org/ - alternative search
- http://www.cpantesters.org/ - test reports on CPAN modules
- http://rt.cpan.org/ - bug reports/wish list for CPAN modules
- http://www.cpanforum.com/ - discussion of CPAN modules
- http://www.annocpan.org/ - find additional documentation on a specific module
- http://cpanratings.perl.org/ - find out ratings of specific modules
If you are after a list of recommended modules, look at Task::Kensho.